This course provides a detailed description of the key aspects of the radio link between a TETRA mobile and a TETRA base station. V+D and Release 2 are covered in detail. The course includes higher-layer signalling, protocol interactions and media processing aspects as well as lower-layer functions such as modulation, radio performance and channel coding.
Who would benefit
Those working or involved in PMR or PAMR requiring a detailed understanding of the TETRA air interface.
Familiarity with the architecture and general operation of a TETRA network, or previous attendance on the TETRA System Overview course (TR1302).
Topic areas include
- TETRA identities
- TETRA bearer services, teleservices and supplementary services
- TETRA air interface protocol stack
- TETRA frequency allocation
- TETRA channels
- TETRA modulation schemes - inc. π/4DQPSK and QAM
- Medium Access Control (MAC) layer
- Logical Link Control (LLC) layer
- Supplementary Service (SS) and Short Data Service (SDS) protocols
- TETRA Mobility Management (MM) protocol
- Authentication and ciphering
- TETRA Direct Mode Operation (DMO)
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more