Contact Us for a detailed course description.
This course provides an understanding of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Session Description Protocol (SDP) and the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and their roles in establishing multimedia communications over an IP-based network. It also provides a detailed understanding of SIP architectures and identifies the roles and functions of a variety of SIP server types.
Who would benefit
Those requiring a detailed understanding of the operation of the SIP and related protocols.
A basic understanding of IP, UDP and TCP is an advantage.
Topic areas include
- The role of SIP, SDP and RTP in multimedia communications
- Locating users in a SIP environment
- SIP requests and responses
- SIP user agents, dialogues and transactions
- SIP architecture, operation and procedures
- SIP URIs and Tel URIs
- Analysis of SIP registration and session control
- Analysis of SIP and SDP messages and header fields
- Request and response routing techniques
- Route and record route headers
- The roles and functions of SIP Servers: Proxy, Redirect, B2BUA and Forking
- SDP offer/answer model
- SIP-I and interworking with the PSTN
- Registration and session establishment
- Case studies using Wireshark analysis
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more