Contact Us for a detailed course description.
The drive towards all-IP networking necessitates the transport of SS7 protocols over an IP domain. This course provides a thorough explanation of how this is achieved using the SIGTRAN ‘toolkit’.
Who would benefit
Those requiring an understanding of the need for SS7 and the solutions available for transporting SS7 signalling over IP-based networks.
Familiarity with the PSTN architecture and SS7 signalling protocols, particularly MTP and SCCP, together with some knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
Topic areas include
- Why SIGTRAN?
- Potential SS7 and IP interworking scenarios
- SIGTRAN protocols
- SIGTRAN in circuit-related and non-circuit-related signalling scenarios
- Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
- SCTP architecture, operation, procedures and terminology
- MTP2 Peer-to-Peer Adaptation (M2PA) layer
- MTP3 User Adaptation (M3UA) layer
- MTP2 User Adaptation (M2UA) layer
- SCCP User Adaptation (SUA) layer
- Adaptation layer architecture, operations, procedures and resilience models
- Analysis of SIGTRAN operation using Wireshark
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more