Contact Us for a detailed course description.
The course covers the essential information and practical skills needed to begin designing mobile and fixed radio systems.
Who would benefit
Those involved in the specification, design, planning, management and maintenance of mobile and fixed radio systems.
A good knowledge of radio principles, a background in telecommunications engineering, or attendance on the Radio Principles course (RP1301).
Topic areas include
- Spectrum regulation – ITU, CEPT, ECC, Ofcom
- Calculating gain, loss and power levels – the decibel
- Calculating noise levels in radio systems
- Interpreting antenna and feeder specifications
- Radio propagation mechanisms
- Radio propagation modelling
- Production of radio path profiles
- Calculating power budgets
- Calculating fade margins
- Diversity systems
- Planning coverage and capacity for mobile systems
- Radio site engineering
- Design a mobile radio system
- Design a fixed radio link
Includes practical exercises throughout, including a system design exercise.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more