Contact Us for a detailed course description.
Through attendance on this course, delegates will build an understanding of how radio works and how this impacts manufacturers, users and operators or radio technology.
Who would benefit
Those requiring an understanding of the principles and concepts of radio that underpin today’s radio technologies.
Some experience in telecommunications engineering is beneficial but the course is also suitable for delegates with an aptitude for technical subjects.
Topic areas include
- The use and management of the radio spectrum
- Waveform fundamentals and baseband information
- Power levels and measurements
- Analogue and digital modulation techniques
- Simplex, semi-duplex and duplex - FDD and TDD
- Multiplexing – FDMA, TDMA, CDMA and OFDMA
- Transmitters and receivers
- Antennas and transmission lines
- Radio propagation mechanisms
- Introduction to coverage prediction
- Principles of cellular coverage techniques
- Diversity and MIMO
- An overview of fixed and mobile radio technologies in use today
Includes practical exercises and demonstrations.
CPD Certification Service
The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications, supporting the Continuing Professional Development policies of institutions and professional organisations globally.
CPD resources are assessed and accredited impartially against a comprehensive checklist developed over the past 20 years, ensuring that they conform to universal CPD guidelines and provide the best possible resources to support learners in any subject.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more