Contact Us for a detailed course description.
This 3-day course reviews traditional approaches to transport services such as SDH and WDM and also discusses in detail alternative approaches including Carrier Ethernet and Pseudo Wire services that may be deployed in backhaul and core network applications.
Who would benefit
Transmission and network engineers who require an insight into modern digital transmission techniques used within fixed and mobile telecommunications networks.
A good knowledge of fixed or mobile network transmission and switching architecture, services and applications and some knowledge of packet-switched networks and IP routing protocols.
Topic areas include
- Introduction to transport networks
- Layer 2 virtual circuits – MPLS
- MPLS based VPNs
- MEF terminology for Carrier Ethernet Services
- Provider Bridge networks and Ethernet label-switching
- PBB service multiplexing
- Ethernet OAM – Connection Fault and Performance Management
- SDH Transport Networks
- SDH Multiplexing Structure and Protection Mechanisms
- Next Generation SDH review
- Wave Division Multiplexing (WDM)
- The Optical Transport Network, principles, multiplexing structures and operation
- MPLS in optical Networks, GMPLS and ASON
- Pseudo Wire (PW) principles, encapsulation and the control word
- Pseudo Wire types, IETF MPLS and TDM based PWs
- MPLS VLAN-to-VLAN and VPLS service examples
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more