Contact Us for a detailed course description.
This course provides a detailed technical description of the currently specified methods of offering a voice service via LTE.
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for engineering and technical management staff who require a technical description of the options that exist in LTE for delivering voice and other real-time traffic types, that would traditionally have been carried by Circuit Switched (CS) technologies.
Attendance on this course assumes previous attendance on the LTE Engineering Overview course (LT3600) or equivalent basic LTE knowledge (although a recap of basic LTE architecture and concepts is provided at the start of the course) and also assumes a working knowledge of IP.
Topic areas include
- Technical overview of LTE
- Introduction to the options for LTE voice
- CS fallback architecture and protocols
- CS fallback attach and call setup procedures
- Technical overview of the IMS
- System architecture for Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- VoLTE protocols, services and codecs
- VoLTE power-on and registration procedures
- VoLTE call setup procedures
- Access domain selection
- Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC)
- Delivery of SMS messages over the IMS
- VoLTE emergency calls
- Voice over Wi-Fi
- [Optional] Voice over LTE by Generic Access (VoLGA)
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more