Contact Us for a detailed course description.
This course provides a detailed technical description of the architecture and operation of the IP Multimedia Subsystem, and its use for the delivery of a VoIP service over LTE.
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for engineering and technical management staff who require a technical description of the options that exist in LTE and the IP multimedia subsystem for delivering voice and other real-time traffic types, that would traditionally have been carried by Circuit-Switched (CS) technologies.
Attendance on this course assumes previous attendance on the LTE Engineering Overview course (LT3600) or equivalent basic LTE knowledge (although a recap of basic LTE architecture and concepts is provided at the start of the course) and also assumes a working knowledge of IP.
Topic areas include
- Technical overview of LTE
- Introduction to the options for LTE voice
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Session Description Protocol (SDP)
- Architecture and operation of the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
- Control and user plane functions of the IMS
- Service delivery in the IMS
- System architecture for Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- VoLTE protocols, services and codecs
- VoLTE power-on and registration procedures
- VoLTE call setup procedures
- Access domain selection
- Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC)
- Delivery of SMS messages over the IMS
- VoLTE emergency calls
- Voice over Wi-Fi
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more