Contact Us for a detailed course description.
A detailed technical description of the Radio Access Network (RAN) for LTE systems. This includes E-UTRAN structure, configuration and deployment options, security functions, core network interactions and bearer establishment procedures.
Who would benefit
Engineers involved with transmission or architecture design, optimization, network management or monitoring of the LTE RAN.
An engineering background with some knowledge of telecommunications technologies and protocols is assumed. Experience of 2G or 3G systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- E-UTRAN architecture and interfaces
- E-UTRAN frequency bands and channels
- Cell structures, hierarchies and sizes
- LTE cell site configurations
- Tracking Areas (TA) and TA list management
- Handover management
- E-UTRAN Self Optimizing Network (SON) functions
- Access stratum and access network security
- Interaction between eNB and MME/S-GW devices
- Logical and physical connectivity to EPC nodes
- LTE E-UTRAN and small cell deployments
- Relay nodes, LIPA, SIPTO and LPP
- S1AP (S1 Application Protocol) message structures and operation
- X2AP (X2 Application Protocol) message structures and operation
- Connection establishment
- Overview of interaction between E-UTRAN protocols during basic LTE procedures
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more