An introduction to the role that LTE will play in supporting the next generation of Mission Critical Communications networks.
Who would benefit
Those who are working with the emergency services or government agencies wishing to become familiar with the technology planned to replace TETRA.
A basic understanding of TETRA would be advantageous but familiarity with the requirements of emergency service communications is more important.
Topic areas include
- Requirements for a Mission Critical Network
- An introduction to LTE
- LTE network architecture
- Managing quality and prioritization of MCC traffic
- Radio spectrum and coverage
- MCC communications using LTE Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (MBMS)
- Role of the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
- Group Communications System Enablers (GCSE)
- Mission Critical Push-to-Talk (MCPTT)
- Procedures to support MCPTT
- Proximity Services (ProSe)
- ProSe discovery
- ProSe direct communication
- ProSe relay
CPD Certification Service
The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications, supporting the Continuing Professional Development policies of institutions and professional organisations globally.
CPD resources are assessed and accredited impartially against a comprehensive checklist developed over the past 20 years, ensuring that they conform to universal CPD guidelines and provide the best possible resources to support learners in any subject.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more