Contact Us for a detailed course description.
A detailed technical description of the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) for LTE systems. This includes EPC architecture and interfaces, service provision concepts, application of IP technologies, overall protocol architectures and (optionally) a review of IMS functionality.
Who would benefit
Engineers and other staff involved with switching or transmission architecture, optimization, network management, network testing or monitoring of the EPC.
An engineering background with some knowledge of core network technologies, including IP, is assumed. Experience of 2G or 3G systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- High level architecture of LTE
- Functions of the MME, S-GW, PDN-GW, HSS and PCRF
- LTE state diagrams
- Inter-operation with 2G, 3G and non-3GPP networks
- Voice options for LTE
- Principles of bearers and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Data transport in the EPC
- Policy and charging control architecture
- IETF protocols in the EPC, including SCTP, DiffServ and Diameter
- 3GPP protocols in the EPC, including GTP and S1-AP
- Power-on procedures
- UE procedures in idle and connected modes
- Enhancements in LTE-Advanced
- [Optional] Overview of the functions and architecture of the IMS
CPD Certification Service
The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications, supporting the Continuing Professional Development policies of institutions and professional organisations globally.
CPD resources are assessed and accredited impartially against a comprehensive checklist developed over the past 20 years, ensuring that they conform to universal CPD guidelines and provide the best possible resources to support learners in any subject.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more