Contact Us for a detailed course description.
A detailed technical description of the technologies available to be used to support the backhaul requirements of next generation 4G LTE access networks. This includes discussions of underlying backhaul architecture and concepts along with more detailed discussions of the technologies employed to support evolved Radio Access Networks (RANs), including: Carrier Ethernet, MPLS, fibre-optic transmission and packet-based microwave plus other high capacity backhaul technologies.
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for engineering and technical management staff who are involved in the commissioning, design, deployment or operation of mobile backhaul networks.
An understanding of mobile network architecture and operation would be beneficial as would an appreciation of legacy backhaul technologies such as TDM or ATM.
Topic areas include
- What is backhaul?
- Transport network layered architectures
- RAN architectures and requirements
- Industry forums
- Layer 1 backhaul options
- Backhaul architecture models
- Fibre optics and packet-based microwave
- Layer 2 backhaul options
- Ethernet and 802.1Q VLANs
- Q-in-Q VLAN stacking
- Carrier Ethernet
- Layer 3 backhaul options
- IP RAN in LTE
- Synchronization (NTPv4, IEEE1588v2/PTP, Sync-E)
- Redundancy (MSTP, G.8031/8032)
- Security options (IPsec, Security Gateway)
- Next Generation Mobile Network (NGMN) models
- VLAN traffic forwarding examples for Ethernet-based RANs
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more