A detailed technical description of the air interface for LTE radio access. This includes OFDMA principles, access and non-access stratum protocols, channel structures, connectivity and mobility management procedures along with radio link control functions.
Who would benefit
Engineers involved with equipment design, operation, optimization or monitoring of the LTE radio link.
An engineering background with some knowledge of digital radio systems and general radio principles and techniques is assumed. A basic understanding of LTE and experience of 2G or 3G systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- LTE system architecture
- E-UTRAN architecture and interfaces
- OFDMA/SC-FDMA basic principles
- Defining orthogonality
- OFDMA features and benefits
- The Fourier transform
- OFDMA/SC-FDMA transmitter and receiver chains
- Modulation and coding, MIMO and the Cyclic Prefix
- MIMO concepts and implementation
- Physical layer structures
- Access and non-access stratum protocols
- Logical, Transport and Physical channels
- RRC, PDCP, MAC and RLC functions
- Resource allocation and scheduling strategies
- LTE-Advanced concepts
- Lower layer procedures
- Connection establishment
- Radio resource management procedures
CPD Certification Service
The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications, supporting the Continuing Professional Development policies of institutions and professional organisations globally.
CPD resources are assessed and accredited impartially against a comprehensive checklist developed over the past 20 years, ensuring that they conform to universal CPD guidelines and provide the best possible resources to support learners in any subject.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more