Contact Us for a detailed course description.
A detailed technical description of the air interface signalling protocols employed in LTE. This includes the layer 3 Radio Resource Control (RRC) and layer 2 Packet data Convergence Protocol (PDCP), Radio Link Control (RLC) and Medium Access Control (MAC) protocols. The set of messages and functions supported by each protocol is examined in detail.
Who would benefit
This course would benefit engineers involved with equipment design, operation, and optimization or monitoring of the LTE radio link.
An engineering background with some knowledge of digital radio systems and general radio principles and techniques is assumed. A basic understanding of LTE and experience of 2G or 3G systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- RRC - functions and procedures
- LTE RRC identities and states
- RRC message structure and ASN.1
- Overview of RRC message types
- System information messages
- RRC connection management
- Intra-E-UTRAN and Inter-system Mobility
- RRC security
- Security mode command
- DL/UL information transfer
- PDCP control messages
- RoHC configuration and control
- RLC control messages, ARQ management and segmentation
- MAC control elements
- End-to-End air interface signalling procedure examples
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more