Contact Us for a detailed course description.
The Internet Protocol (IP) is the key underpinning transmission and switching technology for almost all communication network types and a core skill for telecoms and IT engineers. Theoretical knowledge of how IP networks perform and hands-on experience of how to configure network devices and troubleshoot problems is offered through this intensive five-day course. Delegates work with a state-of-the-art equipment ‘pod’ whilst being led through the key theories.
Who would benefit
Engineers who require a thorough understanding of IP protocols and network architecture, together with hands-on experience of router configuration, testing and fault finding.
A good knowledge of TCP/IP is required. This can be gained by attending Wray Castle’s TCP/IP course (QS2501).
Topic areas include
- LAN technologies recap
- Introduction to Cisco equipment and an overview of Cisco IOS
- Basic router administrative functions
- Interface and configuration management
- Configuring IP addresses to interfaces
- Routing and routing protocols
- IP access lists
- NAT/PAT configuration
- WANs – Frame Relay, PPP and ISDN
- Layer 2 switching – VLANs and VLAN trunking
- Overview of Cisco examination process
Includes hands-on practical exercises accounting for 60% of the course.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more