An essential foundation in the core technologies used in fixed, mobile and IP-based telecoms networks. The fundamentals of networking technologies, such as switching, transmission and signalling and the services that they support are discussed. Next generation networking based on an all-IP environment is also included.
Who would benefit
Those working in or entering the telecommunications industry who need to understand the functions and services provided by modern networks.
Mathematical ability and aptitude for technical subjects, with the intention to progress in a technical role.
Topic areas include
- Telecoms evolution
- Network components and services
- The PSTN and ISDN: access and core networks
- Basic analogue and digital information concepts
- Time division multiplexing and switching techniques
- Transmission systems: PDH, SDH, WDM and OTN
- Mobile cellular systems: 2G, 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G
- Packet-switched techniques
- IP, Ethernet, the Internet, ISPs and Internet Services
- Fixed and Mobile Broadband access technologies
- Next Generation fixed and mobile networks
- IP Multimedia Subsystem
CPD Certification Service
The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications, supporting the Continuing Professional Development policies of institutions and professional organisations globally.
CPD resources are assessed and accredited impartially against a comprehensive checklist developed over the past 20 years, ensuring that they conform to universal CPD guidelines and provide the best possible resources to support learners in any subject.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more