Contact Us for a detailed course description.
This course provides an understanding of the IP Multimedia Subsystem’s (IMS) role in Next Generation Networking. It provides a detailed description of the IMS architecture including security, charging and Policy and Charging Control (PCC). Additionally it identifies the main protocols associated with IMS including SIP, Diameter and SDP and analyzes their role in the IMS registration and session control procedures. It also provides a brief look at some of the applications enabled by the IMS.
Who would benefit
Those requiring a full understanding of the architecture, interfaces and procedures of the IMS.
An understanding of SIP and the packet-switched domains in LTE, GPRS and UMTS networks and their functionality is an advantage.
Topic areas include
- What is the IMS and why do we need it?
- Introduction to the IMS Framework
- Protocols for IMS
- IMS architecture, interfaces, operation and procedures
- Roles of the CSCFs and HSS including AAA procedures
- IMS access mechanisms and IP address allocation and P-CSCF discovery
- User subscription profiles, User Identities and Initial Filter Criteria
- Implicit Registration Sets
- Application Service (AS) environment
- Interaction between the CSCFs and the AS environment
- Circuit Switched interworking
- The Media Resource Function (MRF)
- Border Control Functions and gateways
- IMS Security aspects
- Online and Offline Charging
- Policy Control and Charging
- Analysis of SIP Registration, Originating and Terminating Session Control includes some example Wireshark analysis
- Emergency call handling
- IMS Applications
CPD Certification Service
The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications, supporting the Continuing Professional Development policies of institutions and professional organisations globally.
CPD resources are assessed and accredited impartially against a comprehensive checklist developed over the past 20 years, ensuring that they conform to universal CPD guidelines and provide the best possible resources to support learners in any subject.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more