Contact Us for a detailed course description.
This course has been designed to give delegates a solid foundational understanding of the IP Multimedia Subsystem’s (IMS) role in Next Generation Networking.
It provides an overview description of the IMS architecture including security, charging and Policy and Charging Control (PCC). Additionally it identifies the main protocols associated with the IMS and analyzes their role in IMS registration and session control procedures. It also provides a brief look at some of the applications enabled by the IMS.
This course is an ideal introduction to the IMS for those who do not require the detail covered in Wray Castle’s 3-day IMS and SIP course.
Who would benefit
This session is for those aiming to better understand the architecture and operation of the IMS, potentially in relation to VoLTE, as well as those looking for an introduction to SIP.
An understanding of packet switched domains in LTE, GPRS and UMTS networks and their functionality is an advantage.
Topic areas include
- What is the IMS and why do we need it?
- The IMS Framework simplified
- Protocols used by the IMS
- IMS architecture, interfaces, operation and procedures
- Roles of the CSCFs and HSS
- What is the Session initiation Protocol (SIP)?
- SIP User location and Session Control Basic Concepts
- Session Establishment using a SIP Architecture
- SIP Routing
- Introduction to the IMS Architecture
- The CSCFs’ Roaming and Non-Roaming Architecture
- Call Session Control Functions (CSCFs)
- Circuit Switched interworking
- The Media Resource Function (MRF)
- Introduction to Border Control
- IMS Security aspects
- Online and Offline Charging
- Policy Control and Charging (PCC)
- The role of SIP, SDP and RTP in the IMS
- IMS Registration Principles and Authentication
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Emergency Call Architecture and Procedure
- Rich Communication Suite (RCS)
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more