Contact Us for a detailed course description.
The topics covered in this course will enable those working in radio system design, specification and optimization to plan and configure DMR networks. The course contains detailed descriptions of the key aspects of the DMR radio link including higher-layer signalling, protocol interactions and media processing aspects as well as lower-layer functions such as modulation, radio performance and channel coding.
Who would benefit
Engineers working or involved in radio system design who require a detailed understanding of the planning, optimization and configuration aspects of Tier I, Tier II and Tier III DMR systems.
Familiarity with the principles and techniques of designing mobile radio systems, or previous attendance on the Radio System Design course (RP1101).
Topic areas include
- Introduction to DMR specifications
- DMR voice, short data and data services
- Tier I, Tier II and Tier III operation and functionality
- DMR frequency allocation
- DMR numbering and dialling plans
- Overview of the protocol architecture
- Air interface Physical Layer (layer 1)
- Data Link Layer (layer 2)
- Call Control Layer (layer 3)
- Random Access procedures
- Control channel acquisition and retention
- Registration, power save and authentication
- Capacity and coverage planning
- DMR Transmitter and receiver performance
- Message, transmission and quasi-transmission trunking
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more