Contact Us for a detailed course description.
A technical introduction to the techniques and protocols that underpin cloud computing services, including an examination of the types of cloud that can be created and the variety of ‘X as a service’ facilities that clouds can make available.
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for engineering, technical management and sales/marketing staff who require a technical overview of Cloud Computing.
A basic understanding of the architecture and technologies that support the internet would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- What is ‘The Cloud’?
- Traditional Models vs Cloud Computing
- Cloud characteristics
- Cloud deployments models – private, community, public, hybrid
- Enabling technologies
- Traditional data centres
- Virtualization and multi-tenanting
- SOA and web services
- Service grids and autonomic computing
- Types of Cloud services
- SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- XaaS payment models
- Examples of XaaS services and providers
- Pros and Cons of Cloud Computing
- Pros: cost, scalability, resilience, collaboration
- Cons: security, availability, trust, de-skilling
- The future of Cloud Computing
Includes practical exercises and demonstrations.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more