Contact Us for a detailed course description.
This Wray Castle course begins with an overview of CDMA2000™ origins, the key standardization work as well as general network architecture. The course continues with an engineering overview of CDMA operation in a 3G context; one of the underpinning technologies and is followed by a brief review of cdmaOne™.
Who would benefit
Engineering staff working on CDMA access networks requiring an understanding of the operation and capabilities of the CDMA2000™ 1x and 1xEV-DO systems.
A good understanding of modern digital cellular communication techniques and, ideally, some experience of cdmaOne/IS-95 operation.
Topic areas include
- Evolution of 3G network architecture
- cdmaOne overview
- CDMA principles in 3G systems
- Access and core network elements and interfaces
- 1x and 1xEV options available for CDMA2000™
- Radio link higher-layer protocols
- Link Access Control (LAC) protocol
- Medium Access Control (MAC) protocol
- 1xEV-DO protocol stack
- 1x and 1xEV-DO channels
- 1x and 1xEV-DO physical layer structure
- System access, call processing and handover
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more