This course is part of the 5G Series
If you're interested in this course have a look at the 5G Series, a comprehensive 5G training package with both live and self-paced online courses.
This course is a technical introduction to 5G. The course includes the design goals and development schedule for 5G, the principles, design and implementation of the 5G air interface, radio access network and core network, and the operation of the 5G system.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction, key features and standardisation
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Principles of the air interface: radio spectrum, OFDMA and multiple antennas
- Air interface protocol stack
- Architecture of the air interface physical layer
- Procedures for data transmission and reception on the 5G air interface
- Radio access network architecture and protocols
- Non-standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture and protocols
- Network function virtualisation and network slicing
- Interworking and compatibility between 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
- PDU connectivity, Quality of Service and service provision
- Signalling procedures in the 5G network
Detailed Course Description
Complete this form for a detailed course description.
If you are looking for a comprehensive package of 5G courses the Wray Castle 5G Series is for you. Six months of online and classroom 5G training to help you advance your career.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more