This course is part of the 5G Series
If you're interested in this course have a look at the 5G Series, a comprehensive 5G training package with both live and self-paced online courses.
This course is a detailed technical description of the core and radio access networks of 5G. It covers the architecture and interfaces used by 5G, the protocols used for signalling and data transport, the provision of services over a 5G network, and the procedures for signalling and system operation.
Who would benefit
The course is intended for engineers and other staff who are involved with the architecture, optimization, management, monitoring or testing of the 5G network.
An engineering background with some knowledge of core and radio access network technologies is assumed. A basic understanding of 5G and experience of LTE networks would be desirable.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction, use cases and standardisation
- Radio access network architecture and deployment options
- Network architectures for dual connectivity
- Architecture of the 5G core network
- Network Function virtualisation, slicing and orchestration
- Interworking and compatibility between 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
- PDU connectivity, Quality of Service and service provision
- Control plane and user plane protocols in the 5G network
- Implementation of network function services using HTTP/2
- Signalling procedures for registration, security and session management
- Network operation in Idle, Inactive and Connected modes
Detailed Course Description
Complete this form for a detailed course description.
If you are looking for a comprehensive package of 5G courses the Wray Castle 5G Series is for you. Six months of online and classroom 5G training to help you advance your career.
Next Scheduled Date
11th January 2021
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more