This course is a technical introduction to the 5G network. The course includes the design goals and development schedule for 5G, the principles, design and implementation of the core and radio access networks of 5G.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communication networks.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction, key features and standardisation
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Radio access network architecture and protocols
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture and protocols
- Network function virtualisation and network slicing
- Interworking and compatibility between 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
- PDU connectivity, Quality of Service and service provision
- Signalling procedures in the 5G network
Detailed Course Description
Complete this form for a detailed course description.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more