Radio impacts on every aspect of our lives, whether it be watching TV, using a mobile phone or surfing the Internet using Wi-Fi. For most people radio is taken for granted, however, for those embarking on a career in telecommunications or faced with a radio related project, a working knowledge of radio becomes critical.
- Are you able to describe the nature of a radio wave?
The Wray Castle Radio Principles course introduces the student to basic wave theory so no prior knowledge is required.
- Would you be able to choose an appropriate frequency for a particular application?
This course explains the theory of radio propagation and highlights typical use of the radio spectrum.
- How do radio waves carry information?
Both analogue and digital modulation schemes are explored enabling the student to choose the appropriate scheme for a project.
- What is a radio transmitter or receiver and how do they work?
At the end of this course the student will have a thorough understanding if this technology.
- How do you choose an antenna for a particular application?
The theory and operation of antennas and feeders are discussed in detail, enabling the student to make informed decisions.
- Are you able to recognize and deal with different interference issues?
This course describes the various interference mechanisms and offers practical solutions.
- What are the regulations and laws surrounding the use of radio?
Radio systems are commonly built to international standards, operating in licensed frequency bands and regulated internationally and nationally. All aspects of the standards, regulations and licensing are discussed in the Radio Principles course.
For an outline of this course, visit the Radio Principles page on our website or contact us for more information.