This course provides a comprehensive technical overview of the structure and operation of the UMTS air interface protocol stack.
Who would benefit
Those requiring a comprehensive technical overview of the structure and operation of the UMTS air interface protocol stack from layers 1 to 3.
This course is technical in nature and assumes some knowledge of the UMTS network and its operation, or previous attendance on the UMTS System Overview course (MB350).
Topic areas include
- Aims of a UMTS network
- Principles of spread spectrum technology
- Principles of CDMA and the use of codes
- UMTS air interface protocol structure
- Overview of UTRAN protocols
- Functions of Layer 1
- Analysis of physical channels
- Power control
- Layer 2 protocols – RLC, MAC and PDCP
- Layer 3 protocol – RRC
- Synchronization and idle mode activities
- Network access and radio network identities
- Connected mode activities
- Handover scenarios
- Transmit diversity
- Security and error protection
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more