Knowledge of TCP/IP and its operation has become a fundamental requirement for anyone involved in IP networks. This detailed and exciting course takes delegates through TCP/IP principles, applications and protocols, enabling them to work confidently in this changing environment.
Who would benefit
This course is aimed at engineers who are looking to get started in TCP/IP family of protocols. The course is designed to provide engineers with a foundation into the world of IP and Ethernet in particular, although other major protocols such as MPLS will also be discussed.
Some prior knowledge of packet-switched network operations and the Internet is beneficial, but the ability to comprehend technical matters and an interest in Internet protocols is sufficient.
Topic areas include
- The Internet
- TCP/IP features
- Spanning Tree
- Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Internet Protocol (IP)
- IP version 6
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Interior Gateway Protocols (IGP)
- Internet Control Messaging Protocol (ICMP)
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS)
Next Scheduled Date
12th December 2017
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more