SS7 is a key element in the control plane of fixed and mobile networks and in Intelligent Network scenarios. It facilitates communication between SS7 hosted ‘applications’ enabling end-to-end service delivery. This course provides a comprehensive description of SS7 protocols, functions and procedures.
Who would benefit
Those who need a detailed understanding of the implementation and functions of SS7.
An understanding of the PSTN architecture and circuit- and packet-switched concepts, together with a working knowledge of the OSI Model and primary rate (E1/T1) bearers.
Topic areas include
- Overview of signalling and signalling system
- SS7 architecture: SP, STPs, Links, Link Sets, Routes and Route Sets
- Point Codes functions and formats
- Message Transfer Part (MTP) levels 1, 2 and 3
- MTP error control, routing and loadsharing principles and user identification
- The ISDN User Part call control and supplementary services
- Signalling Connection Control Part (SCCP) functions and services
- SCCP connectionless and connection-oriented services applications
- SCCP Global Title routing and segmentation function
- Transaction Capabilities (TCAP) protocol stack and usage scenarios
- TCAP Component Sublayer and Transaction Sublayer
- Component-handling and transaction-handling functions and procedures
- The Dialogue Portion and application context negotiation
- SS7 applications in Intelligent Networks and Mobile Networks
- Introduction to SS7 over IP
Includes practical exercises analysing MTP, SCCP, ISUP and TCAP signalling traces.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more