Covering Voice over IP (VoIP) services in fixed and mobile, Next Generation Networks (NGNs) and all IP-based networks, the course also includes VoIP concepts, supporting architectures, interworking with circuit-switched networks together with QoS issues.
Who would benefit
Those requiring an overview of how voice may be integrated into IP networks.
Familiarity with IP and intranet operation is beneficial. This can be obtained from attendance on the TCP/IP (QS2501) course.
Topic areas include
- Supporting VoIP in fixed and mobile NGNs
- Protocols for VoIP
- Voice quality, quality measurements and quality reports
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Session Description Protocol (SDP)
- SIP Peer-to-Peer operation
- SIP architecture
- User Agent clients and servers
- Registrar, Proxy and Redirect Servers
- Back-to-Back User Agents
- SIP Requests, Responses and Header analysis
- Demonstrations with analysis of Registration/Authentication and VoIP session-handling procedures
- ENUM, NAT, STUN and TURN
Includes practical demonstrations.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more