This programme provides a technical view of the systems that underpin the development of smart city initiatives, including connectivity and data technologies. The use cases that support key areas of development are considered (such as transportation, energy, environment, smart living, safety, commerce and governance – including detailed performance and system requirements.
Infrastructure, including sensors, connectivity, networking, [big] data platforms and security are explored as well as a range of technologies and systems under development that have the potential to enable massive and rapid development over the next few years. Planning and integration issues are looked at to build a complete picture of the requirements for efficient and effective deployment of the key systems.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for those who need a technical understanding of the supporting systems, technologies, deployment and planning requirements for Smart City initiatives. This includes those working for telecoms and network operators, local / national government, system integrators, utilities, academics, and equipment vendors.
A technical or engineering background is assumed with a knowledge of ICT concepts and requirements
Topic areas include
- Smart city concepts, drivers, scope and ecosystems
- Technical requirements of a smart city – buildings and infrastructure, transportation, environment, services and commerce
- Smart city systems explained
- Key interfaces and supporting technologies
- Architectures and operation
- Data systems – integrity, security, access and privacy
- Control – technologies, systems and interfaces
- Failsafe systems and recovery
- Compliance, regulation, standardisation and industry initiatives
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more