A range of technologies and systems are now available to enable city authorities to transform society and the systems that underpin it. Key areas of development include infrastructure (transportation, energy, environment, water usage, and buildings), people (education, entertainment, smart living and safety), commerce (industry and innovation, workforce mobility, enterprise support) and governance.
The wide range of technologies and systems under development have the potential to enable massive and rapid development over the next few years – but careful planning and a holistic approach is needed to ensure efficient and effective deployment of the key systems. These include sensors, connectivity, networking, [big] data platforms and security. This programme provides an effective foundation on which individuals can build their own competency, and organisations can build their position – whether as part of the municipality; as a key part of emerging ecosystems; or to develop subject leadership in key areas.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for those who need to understand or assess the potential opportunities, supporting systems / technologies and deployment scenarios for Smart City initiatives. This includes those working for telecoms and network operators, local / national government, system integrators, utilities, academics, and equipment vendors.
No technical knowledge is assumed – just a professional interest / requirement
Topic areas include
- Smart city concepts, drivers, scope and ecosystems
- Compliance, regulation, standardisation and industry initiatives
- Components of a smart city – buildings and infrastructure, transportation, environment, services and commerce
- Big data at the heart of smart city initiatives
- Data – integrity, security, access and privacy
- Control – systems and interfaces
- Supporting technologies
- Engaging with citizens and other stakeholders
- When things go wrong – handling and mitigating risk
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more