To carry out meaningful radio surveys of GSM, UMTS, LTE and Wi-Fi networks demands a knowledge of how those networks operate and the key radio metrics. These are discussed in detail along with the types of surveys and information they can reveal. The course is focused on the practical issues of performing surveys backed up with demonstrations. The equipment and software used on this course includes the Rohde & Schwarz TSMA radio scanner, ROMES and NESTOR software as well as the QualiPoc, handheld survey tool.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT
Engineers and other staff that need to gather forensic evidence, perform coverage surveys or gather information about the cellular radio environment.
A technical background with some knowledge of radio principles, is assumed.
TOPIC AREAS INCLUDE
- Cellular radio principles
- Cellular radio spectrum and identities
- Wi-Fi radio spectrum and identities
- Radio measurements and metrics
- Cell selection and reselections for GSM, UMTS and LTE
- Location reporting in idle mode
- Mobility in Wi-Fi
- Connected mode activity for mobile devices
- Tools for radio surveys
- Spectrum occupancy
- Coverage surveys
- Base station position estimation
- Practical guidance for surveying
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more