This course is intended for those involved in radio site acquisition, planning and build, who do not have a strong radio background. The training covers radio theory applicable to the cellular industry and focuses on the practical issues of site build.
Who would benefit
Those requiring an overview of what is involved in the siting of telecoms transceiver equipment in 2G, 3G and other radio sites.
No prior knowledge of radio principles is required. A technical background or the ability to comprehend technical information is advantageous.
Topic areas include
- Radio theory
- Radio wave propagation
- Antenna theory
- Considerations for siting antennas
- Transmission lines
- Considerations for installing transmission lines
- Cell dimensioning
- Cell site selection and positioning
- Indoor coverage challenges
- Indoor coverage using repeaters
- Indoor coverage using base stations
- Antenna systems for indoor coverage
- Radio systems interference
- Multi-site configurations
- UK planning issues
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more