The course covers all of the essential aspects of planning point-to-point microwave link systems, from conception to commissioning.
Who would benefit
Those involved in the specification, planning and maintenance of fixed microwave radio transmission, backhaul and access links.
A good knowledge of radio principles, or a background in telecommunications engineering, or attendance on the Radio Principles course (RP1301).
Topic areas include
- ITU-R and CEPT recommendations
- ETSI standards
- Spectrum management and channel plans
- Frequency assignment
- Digital radio performance characteristics
- Noise and interference in radio systems
- Microwave antennas and feeders
- Radiation Pattern Envelopes (RPEs)
- Refraction, k-factor, reflection and diffraction
- Path profiling and Fresnel zone clearance
- Power budgets
- Link availability and performance objectives
- Rain and multipath fade margins
- Dimensioning space diversity systems
- Interference management
Includes practical exercises, including design of a fixed link transmission network.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more