The course covers all of the essential aspects of planning point-to-point microwave link systems, from conception to commissioning.
Who would benefit
Those involved in the specification, planning and maintenance of fixed microwave radio transmission, backhaul and access links.
A good knowledge of radio principles, or a background in telecommunications engineering, or attendance on the Radio Principles course (RP1301).
Topic areas include
- ITU-R and CEPT recommendations
- ETSI standards
- Spectrum management and channel plans
- Frequency assignment
- Digital radio performance characteristics
- Noise and interference in radio systems
- Reliability, availability and performance objectives
- Microwave antennas and feeders
- Radiation Pattern Envelopes (RPEs)
- Refraction, k-factor, reflection and diffraction
- Path profiling and Fresnel zone clearance
- Power budgets
- Rain and Multipath/Dispersive fade margins
- Dimensioning space and frequency diversity
- Interference management
- Practical link planning exercises
Practical exercises, including design of a fixed link transmission network.
Next Scheduled Date
24th October 2017
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more