This course provides a technical introduction and overview of the methods that are currently specified for LTE voice.
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for engineering and technical management staff who require a concise introduction to the options that exist in LTE for the delivery of voice services.
Attendance on this course assumes previous attendance on the LTE Engineering Overview course (LT3600) or equivalent basic LTE knowledge (although a recap of basic LTE architecture and concepts is provided at the start of the course).
Topic areas include
- Technical overview of LTE
- Introduction to the options for LTE voice
- Architecture and operation of CS fallback
- Overview of the IMS
- System architecture, protocols and codecs for Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- VoLTE procedures for power-on, registration and call setup
- Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC)
- Additional topics such as SMS, emergency calls and Voice over Wi-Fi
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more