An introduction to the principles and techniques that relate to the parameters available in the LTE Radio Access Network (RAN). This includes cell configuration, idle mode parameters and connected mode parameters. All elements are reinforced through classroom exercises and tool demonstrations.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for experienced radio access optimizers and those involved with device development or functionality testing for LTE-based networks.
This course assumes an engineering background with some knowledge of digital radio systems in general and good knowledge of the LTE air interface structure and operation. Experience of parameter tuning for 2G or 3G systems would be useful.
Topic areas include
- Identification of optimization requirements
- The coverage–capacity–quality relationship
- Spectrum availability and utilization
- Drive test tools, performance data and statistics
- Frequency planning scenarios
- Link budget scenarios
- Interference scenarios
- Coverage and capacity related parameters
- Cell configurations and dimensioning
- Idle mode and system access
- Connected mode and radio link control
- Inter-system handovers
- MIMO operation and benefits
- Antennas for LTE cells
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more