A technical introduction and overview of LTE and LTE-Advanced, including the air interface, radio access network, core network and other key associated technologies.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed and some understanding of 2G and 3G cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- High level architecture of LTE
- Basic principles of OFDMA and SC-FDMA
- Air interface protocol stack
- Structure of the air interface physical layer
- E-UTRAN architecture, interfaces and protocols
- EPC architecture, interfaces and protocols
- LTE state diagrams
- Principles of bearers and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Voice options for LTE
- Power-on procedures
- UE procedures in idle and connected modes
- Enhancements in LTE-Advanced
Next Scheduled Date
07th November 2017
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more