This course provides a deeper insight into the inner workings of the LTE air interface physical layer to meet the needs of air interface specialists. It offers an opportunity to look more deeply into topics such as OFDMA and SC-FDMA, specifically into the use of Fourier Transform methods and the construction and use of the Cyclic Prefix. The use of Zadoff-Chu sequences for some physical layer functions is also discussed, as are topics such as Reference Signals and the construction, administration and use of LTE physical channels.
Who would benefit
This course is designed for Radio Frequency (RF) engineers, radio planners, technical support staff and other specialists who have a need to look further into the LTE Air Interface than is possible with less specialised courses.
A thorough understanding of the basic and more complex principles of the LTE Air Interface is essential and can be gained from attending Wray Castle’s ‘LTE Engineering Overview’ and ‘LTE Air Interface’ courses.
Topic areas include
- OFDMA subcarrier orthogonality
- OFDMA fourier transform functions
- Physical signals and Zadoff-Chu modulation sequences
- Downlink and Uplink physical carrier configuration
- Reference signal generation and functions
- Downlink physical channels: PBCH, PCFICH, PHICH, PDCCH
- Downlink concepts: REG, CCE, Aggregation Levels, PDCCH Search Spaces
- PUCCH operation
- PUCCH resources, regions, formats and operation
- Downlink Control Information (DCI) and Uplink Control Information (UCI) types and functions
- PRACH resources, formats, configurations and operation
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more