A technical introduction to the world of GSM. This course describes the services, structure and operation of a GSM mobile network.
Who would benefit
Those new to or entering the GSM industry who require a technical overview of GSM network operation and its associated technologies.
A basic understanding of cellular radio networks and associated technologies, as well as an ability to comprehend technical subjects, is an advantage.
Topic areas include
- GSM organizations and standards bodies
- GSM services and service enablers
- Network architecture
- GSM/GPRS identities
- GSM EDGE radio access network
- GSM channels
- Cell coverage and capacity
- Propagation issues
- Core network architecture
- GPRS network architecture
- Idle mode procedures
- Dedicated mode procedures
- GPRS procedures
- GSM family evolution
- Real-world network configuration
- Network sharing
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more