This course introduces delegates to the broadband technologies and access methods that are available to fixed- and mobile-network operators. Topics covered include ISPs, ADSL, ADSL2, DSL, VDSL and fibre-optic networks, as well as WiMAX, Wi-Fi, UMTS and LTE. The learning is underpinned by group exercises.
Who would benefit
Technical and semi-technical management staff requiring an overview of the technologies and techniques employed by wired and wireless broadband access systems.
A basic understanding of digital communications techniques would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Topic areas include
- The broadband market
- DSL – technologies, architecture, access, backhaul
- Powerline broadband
- Fibre optic and cable systems
- Fibre to the home and cabinet
- Fixed wireless access systems
- Satellite broadband and high altitude platforms
- Wi-Fi hotspot, wide area and ‘municipal’ networks
- UMTS fixed and 3G mobile broadband
- Fixed and Mobile WiMAX
- LTE and UMB
- Broadband deployment strategies
Includes group exercises.
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more