A technical introduction to 5G, including the design goals and development schedule, and the principles, design and implementation of the 5G air interface, radio access network, core network and system operation.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed and some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction, key features and standardisation
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Air interface principles – radio spectrum, multiple antennas and OFDMA
- Air interface protocols
- Structure of the air interface physical layer
- Access network architecture and protocols
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture and protocols
- Network function virtualisation, slicing and orchestration
- Interworking and compatibility – 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
- PDU connectivity, QoS and service provision
- System operation in idle and connected modes
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more