A technical overview of 5G, including the design goals and development schedule, and the principles and architecture of the 5G air interface, radio access network and core network.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed and some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction and key features
- Standardisation and ITU / 3GPP time lines
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Radio spectrum and millimetre wave communications
- Principles of radio transmission and reception
- Structure of the air interface physical layer
- Access network architecture and protocols
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture and protocols
- Network function virtualisation, slicing and orchestration
- Interworking and compatibility – 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more