This course is a technical overview of 5G. The course includes the design goals and development schedule for 5G, and the principles and architecture of the 5G air interface, radio access network and core network.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction and key features
- Standardisation and timelines for 3GPP and the ITU
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Radio spectrum and millimetre wave communications
- Principles of radio transmission and reception in 5G
- Radio access network architecture
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture
- Network function virtualisation and network slicing
- Interworking and compatibility between 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more