A technical introduction to the 5G network, including the design goals and development schedule, and the principles, design and implementation of the 5G radio access network, core network and system operation.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communication networks.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed and some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction and key features
- Standardisation and ITU / 3GPP time lines
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture and protocols
- Network function virtualisation, slicing and orchestration
- Interworking and compatibility – 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
- 5G state diagrams
- PDU connectivity, QoS and service provision
- Signalling procedures in idle and connected modes
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more