This course is a technical introduction to the 5G New Radio. The course includes the design goals and development schedule for 5G, and the principles, design and implementation of the 5G air interface.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile radio communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction, key features and standardisation
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Radio spectrum and millimetre wave communications
- Principles of radio transmission and reception in 5G
- Multiple antennas in 5G
- Air interface protocol stack
- Architecture of the air interface physical layer
- Procedures for data transmission and reception on the 5G air interface
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more