A technical overview of the 5G air interface and radio access network.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile radio communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed and some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- 5G introduction and key features
- Standardisation and ITU / 3GPP time lines
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Radio spectrum and millimetre wave communications
- Principles of radio transmission and reception
- Multiple antennas in 5G
- Structure of the air interface physical layer
- Protocols in layers 2 and 3
- Air interface procedures in idle and connected modes
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more