This course aims to provide a technical overview of the main cellular technologies (2G, GSM, 3G, UMTS and 4G LTE) in one package. It is ideally suited for technical staff who require a basic understanding of these technologies but who don’t need to invest the time required to learn each of them separately.
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for engineering, technical sales, technical management and other staff who require a general technical overview of modern mobile technologies but who do not need to invest the time necessary to learn about each technology in depth.
A basic understanding of telecoms principles would be beneficial.
Topic areas include
- An overview of basic radio and cellular techniques and technologies
- Network generations: network types from 2G to 4G
- 2G networks overview
- An overview of GSM network architecture and functionality
- GSM TDMA air interface operation
- Administrative functions such as Attach, Location Update and Handover
- GPRS and EDGE upgrades to GSM
- GSM services
- 3G networks overview
- An overview of UMTS network architecture and functionality
- UMTS WCDMA air interface operation
- HSPA upgrade to UMTS
- 4G networks overview
- An overview of LTE network architecture and functionality
- LTE OFDMA air interface operation
- Other mobile technologies: TETRA and WiMAX
- Cellular market and future developments
We can arrange classroom training, one to one training, or online training to suit your requirements. Learn more
We are pleased to be associated with some unique training locations in the UK and further afield. Learn more